Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Electronic Brain

This is is what I use to talk to the electronic brain. The brain itself is in the basement. It's a collection of tubes and jars and stuff that's a color we don't have a name for. The brain is where we store all our information: who we are, what we do, the causes of our deaths, books we own, how many bottle caps we have. Everything.

What's interesting is that the electronic brain has information from the time before. Like this poem we found:

Pound Cake

1 lb. powdered sugar
1 lb. butter
6 eggs
3 c. flour

Mix sugar and butter.
Add eggs and beat.
Add flour - beat well.
Beat for 10 minutes at medium speed with electric beater.
Butter and flour pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

Enjoy.


It doesn't make sense, but I like when Deana sings it.

Anyway, I don't know what I'd do without the electronic brain. The way I can add and retrieve information. The way I can put information into it for someone else to find. The way it sings "Daisy, Daisy" when it's happy. Talking to the electronic brain is the best part of my job.

2 comments:

Steve said...

This must have been the new technology which I heard that a leader once refered to as a "series of tubes" that would outlast trucks, or some such thing.

Olaf the Mythic said...

pound cake? olaf pound everything.