Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The End ... ?

Godo says it’s over.

We’ve exhausted all the 23 things.

What started with a grainy video of a man staring awkwardly into a camera has reached its end.

I think we were supposed to learn about the libraries of old and see what we could bring to libraries of today. We were also supposed to do this while doing our regular jobs (killing zombies, answering questions, taking rad pills, fighting the paper scorpions in the fiction section, etc).

Godo asked me to answer the following questions. So I’m going to get k'afe and think about my answers.

Okay, I’m back.

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
YouTube was the crispiest, even though the Electronic Brain complains about how much it slows him down.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I’m working on a wasteland survival wiki as part of our staff development plan.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Occasionally my blog would have comments left on it.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
This was a great example of 2.0 tools available in 2006. I’d like to see what happened in the years after that. Also, I think this should be focused on tools the library intends to use. Maybe a few of us that really latched on to this could form a committee to implement/incorporate some of these.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Yes.

No comments: